Different types of cancer treatment
Cancer is not a fatal disease anymore; medical practitioners are exploring various ways to treat cancer. If you consult the best cancer hospital in Hyderabad at the primary stage, you are likely to receive the best cancer treatment.
Doctors are now utilizing advanced treatment to cure cancer completely. Some people with cancer will have only one treatment; however, most people have a combination of treatment like surgery with chemotherapy or radiation therapy. When you need to treat cancer, it is ideal to consult the best cancer hospital in Hyderabad. With the advanced medical board and experience of the senior doctors, the treatment methods are ideally taken.
The patient and her/his family often feel overwhelmed and confused regarding the treatment, which is normal. However, discussing the entire process and different types of treatment might help you stay in control.
You can ask them the following questions to relieve yourself from tension and anxiety:
- What are the perfect ways to treat my type and stage of cancer?
- Are there any risks to the treatment process?
- Do I need to admit to the hospital for the entire treatment?
- What are the chances of recovery with this treatment?
- Shall I consult other specialists of the best cancer hospitals in Hyderabad?
- How long might each treatment session take?
- Can any of my family members or friend come with me during the session?
- Are there any long-term effects of the treatment?
Different types of treatment for cancer:
Surgery is often used to treat cancer. It works best to remove solid tumors. It is considered a local treatment as it can be treated to cure your body’s particular area. It cannot be used for leukemia or blood cancer, or anything that already spread to the body.
Apart from the general surgery involving anesthesia, there is some other surgery too:
- Hyper thermic
- Photodynamic therapy
Radiation therapy is used to ease the cancer symptoms and treat them gradually. It restricts the growth of the cancer cell and also known as palliative treatment. For some patients, radiation is the only treatment he/she needs. However, in most cases, you will have radiation therapy with different cancer treatments.
There are two types of radiation therapy used for the patients based on the type, size, location of cancer, and patient’s general health is taken into consideration.
- External beam radiation therapy
- Internal Radiation therapy
Chemotherapy to treat cancer
Chemotherapy is used to:
- Treat cancer
- Ease cancer symptoms
Chemotherapy is used to treat many types of cancer; however, in most cases, it is the only way to treat your cancer cells.
- It makes the tumors smaller before surgery or radiation therapy.
- Destroy the cancer cells, if anything remains after radiation
- Destroy the cancer cells that have returned or spread to other parts of the body
Stem Cell transplants
This process restores blood-forming cells that the high dose of chemotherapy has destroyed. The main types of blood cells are:
- White blood cells that are of the immune system
- Red blood cell that transfers oxygen all over your body
- Platelet that help blood clotting
The blood-forming cells which are used to transplant is derived from bone marrow, bloodstream, or the umbilical cord. There are three types of stem cell transplants, namely:
This therapy is generally used to help people with Leukemia and lymphoma.
Though medical researchers are making revolutionary progress, the use of precision medicine is not at all a part of routine treatment. There is a number of treatments to target specific changes in clinical trials. Doctors generally identify the genetic changes through biopsy.
Many drugs have been proven to be effective against cancer with particular genetic changes.